Hooksett police to hold women's self-defense course
The 12-hour course, held on March 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the station, incorporates the Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Systems in teaching women how to protect themselves.
The course is not a martial arts program, but women will learn basic hands-on defense techniques, as well as receive training in awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance.
The classes also include lectures and discussions.
The course is free and open to those age 13 and up.
For more information or to enroll, contact Det. Caitlin Rebe at 624-1560, ext. 134, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands