Hooksett police to hold women's self-defense course
The 12-hour course, held on March 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the station, incorporates the Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Systems in teaching women how to protect themselves.
The course is not a martial arts program, but women will learn basic hands-on defense techniques, as well as receive training in awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance.
The classes also include lectures and discussions.
The course is free and open to those age 13 and up.
For more information or to enroll, contact Det. Caitlin Rebe at 624-1560, ext. 134, or email her at email@example.com .
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 2
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?