Hooksett police to hold women's self-defense course
The 12-hour course, held on March 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the station, incorporates the Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) Systems in teaching women how to protect themselves.
The course is not a martial arts program, but women will learn basic hands-on defense techniques, as well as receive training in awareness, prevention, risk reduction and avoidance.
The classes also include lectures and discussions.
The course is free and open to those age 13 and up.
For more information or to enroll, contact Det. Caitlin Rebe at 624-1560, ext. 134, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hampton Beach hosts master sand sculptors at competition - 0
- Celebrate Granite State’s 225 birthday - 0
- Sample summer's slate of theater productions across Granite State - 0
- Granite State Music Festival brings slate of regional acts to Concord - 0
- Film, stage, TV star George Burns recalled in ‘Say Goodnight Grace’ - 0
- Master sand sculptors wash ashore at Hampton Beach - 0
- Brooks Young Band plays Franklin Opera House - 0
- 'Masters of Madness' Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson head to NH - 0
- Grammy winner Melissa Etheridge chats career highs and lows - 0
Goffstown officials want new Exit 7 on I-293
New Hampshire Club News in Brief
Celebrate Granite State’s 225 birthday
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off