Home » Opinion » Editorials
Shameless: Obama's gun control campaign
As part of this campaign, the President "is expected to make an emotional appeal in his State of the Union address," the Post reported. The White House is expected to invite families who lost children in the Newtown, Conn., tragedy last month to attend the address alongside the First Lady. What a surprise.
The President who pressed for tax hikes on families making more than $250,000 a year by labeling them "millionaires and billionaires," who portrayed the notably generous Mitt Romney as an uncaring vulture, intends to push for gun control on behalf of the children.
Questions about whether Obama's proposed changes will actually work will be dismissed by the teary-eyed President, children on either side, who insists that the only way to show we care is to do as he prescribes. Emotional manipulation is a tool of both sides, of course, but no one employs it as shamelessly as Barack Obama. It seems that we are about to find out just how shamelessly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?