Weare fire destroys building; no injuries reported
Fire officials said a report of a brush fire in the area of 173 South Stark Highway was called in about 10 p.m. Within 10 minutes, Engine 4 from the South Weare fire station was on the scene of a fire in a large two-story buidling at 58 Norris Road.
By then, however, the building was consumed by flames and had collapsed. The entire building and its contents were destroyed, according to fire officials.
Firefighters from several surrounding communities helped to battle the fire in icy conditions. Water had to be trucked in by tankers.
Goffstown, New Boston, Henniker and Dunbarton provided mutual aid.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
No one was injured.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 3
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs