Phone scam warning issued in Bedford
Police said the callers say they are representing Bedford firefighters. However, the Bedford Firefighters Association does not do phone soliciting, police said. Funds are raised through boot drives, golf tournaments and by letters, police said, but not by telephone.
Other organizations, including the Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire and the Bedford Police Union, will raise funds through phone calls, but neither is doing so now in Bedford, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News