Phone scam warning issued in Bedford
Police said the callers say they are representing Bedford firefighters. However, the Bedford Firefighters Association does not do phone soliciting, police said. Funds are raised through boot drives, golf tournaments and by letters, police said, but not by telephone.
Other organizations, including the Professional Firefighters of New Hampshire and the Bedford Police Union, will raise funds through phone calls, but neither is doing so now in Bedford, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions