Comcast bills to increase: 1.6 percent
Comcast cable subscribers will see increases in several services, scheduled to take effect on Jan. 22, according to notices received by municipal officials throughout the state.
"While we've worked hard to hold down price adjustments, the average customer bill will increase by 1.6 percent, beginning with the February 2013 billing cycle," said Comcast spokesman Marc Goodman.
A notice sent to Manchester officials detailed the price hikes. The monthly charge for limited basic cable in the Manchester area will go from $23.07 to $24.60. Expanded basic will go from $44.20 to $45.15.
The Starter Triple Play Bundle, with telephone, digital television and high-speed Internet, will go from $137 to $142 per month.
"We continue making investments in our network and next-generation technology to make enhancements customers want," said Goodman, "including faster Internet speeds, more multi-platform video, improved customer service and self-help options."
Customers currently on a Comcast promotional offer won't see increases until that promotion expires.
Dish Network recently announced an increase in the price of its core TV bundles effective this month, with most packages rising $5 per month. DirecTV announced price increases averaging 4.5 percent, starting in February.
Cable and satellite providers cited the higher costs for programs and the need for investments in new technology as reasons for the increases.
A DirecTV spokesman said that company has to pay about 8 percent more for programs, since almost all of its providers are hiking their rates, according to Reuters.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
- Powerball jackpot: Another chance at the (your) golden ticket - 1
- Endowment established for Milford support organization Bridges - 0
- Flags to fly at half-staff Wednesday and Friday - 0
- NH Lottery games debut Mother's Day - 0
- Marathon bomber's body entombed in undisclosed location - 1
- Powerball jackpot grows to $270 million for Saturday - 0
- NH Preservation Alliance honors 10 for protecting historic treasures - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Three Fisher Cat hurlers combine to pitch shutout - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641