Two Manchester men arrested over Bedford shoplifting call
BEDFORD -- Police called for a report of a shoplifter at Stop & Shop ended up arresting two Manchester men Saturday.
Police said they found the alleged shoplifter, who fled the Kilton Road supermarket around 10 a.m.
Donald Johnson, 21, was charged with robbery and is scheduled to be arraigned in Merrimack District Court on Monday, according to Sgt. Kyle Thrasher. He was being held on $5,000 cash bail at the Valley Street Jail.
Officers investigating the shoplifting call detained the other Manchester man at the supermarket, he said. George Johnson, 20, attempted to flee and was quickly taken into custody.
George Johnson is charged with willful concealment, resisting arrest, simple assault and a bench warrant. He was being held without bail at the Valley Street Jail, facing arraignment Monday in Merrimack District Court.
Police didn't say whether the men are related.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
To get away, they come to NH
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides