Two Manchester men arrested over Bedford shoplifting call
BEDFORD -- Police called for a report of a shoplifter at Stop & Shop ended up arresting two Manchester men Saturday.
Police said they found the alleged shoplifter, who fled the Kilton Road supermarket around 10 a.m.
Donald Johnson, 21, was charged with robbery and is scheduled to be arraigned in Merrimack District Court on Monday, according to Sgt. Kyle Thrasher. He was being held on $5,000 cash bail at the Valley Street Jail.
Officers investigating the shoplifting call detained the other Manchester man at the supermarket, he said. George Johnson, 20, attempted to flee and was quickly taken into custody.
George Johnson is charged with willful concealment, resisting arrest, simple assault and a bench warrant. He was being held without bail at the Valley Street Jail, facing arraignment Monday in Merrimack District Court.
Police didn't say whether the men are related.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News