Two Manchester men arrested over Bedford shoplifting call
BEDFORD -- Police called for a report of a shoplifter at Stop & Shop ended up arresting two Manchester men Saturday.
Police said they found the alleged shoplifter, who fled the Kilton Road supermarket around 10 a.m.
Donald Johnson, 21, was charged with robbery and is scheduled to be arraigned in Merrimack District Court on Monday, according to Sgt. Kyle Thrasher. He was being held on $5,000 cash bail at the Valley Street Jail.
Officers investigating the shoplifting call detained the other Manchester man at the supermarket, he said. George Johnson, 20, attempted to flee and was quickly taken into custody.
George Johnson is charged with willful concealment, resisting arrest, simple assault and a bench warrant. He was being held without bail at the Valley Street Jail, facing arraignment Monday in Merrimack District Court.
Police didn't say whether the men are related.
Bedford » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Windham schools reverse post-Sandy Hook ban on dodgeball, other 'human target' games - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time