Salem falls to Central Catholic
The Blue Devils hockey team played three games in the Christmas tournament at Salem Icenter, splitting them with a win, a loss and a tie.
Coventry played Salem to a 3-3 tie in the Blue Devilsí first game of the tournament on Thursday, Dec. 27. They took the second game, 3-2, over Greely, Maine, on Friday, and fell to Central Catholic on Saturday night, 4-1.
Forward Jake Pappalardo scored the lone goal for the Blue Devils in the Central Catholic loss.
The Salem attack forced Central Catholicís goalie into making just 13 saves.
Goalie Nick Phair turned away 24 shots, while playing all 45 minutes to keep Salem in the game, but the Central Catholic defense made scoring difficult. Salem failed to convert on its two power play opportunities. Central Catholic converted on its own power play of the night.
The Blue Devils head on the road in the first games after the brief winter break. They take on Trinity Jan. 6 and St. Thomas on Jan. 9, before returning home against Exeter.
Salem currently sits second in the Division I standings with a 2-1-1 record. Since a season-opening loss to Bishop Guertin, Salem beat Londonderry, 7-2, tied Concord and beat Hanover, 3-2.
Salem Ľ Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Opens for Summer May 25 - 0
- Seven Earn N.H. Fish and Game Commission Awards of Excellence - 0
- Fine Art Fundraising Auction at Museum of Art, UNH - 0
- Volunteer drivers needed in Windham - 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
Mind your (flea-market) manners
NH Senior News Briefs
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse