Salem falls to Central Catholic
The Blue Devils hockey team played three games in the Christmas tournament at Salem Icenter, splitting them with a win, a loss and a tie.
Coventry played Salem to a 3-3 tie in the Blue Devilsí first game of the tournament on Thursday, Dec. 27. They took the second game, 3-2, over Greely, Maine, on Friday, and fell to Central Catholic on Saturday night, 4-1.
Forward Jake Pappalardo scored the lone goal for the Blue Devils in the Central Catholic loss.
The Salem attack forced Central Catholicís goalie into making just 13 saves.
Goalie Nick Phair turned away 24 shots, while playing all 45 minutes to keep Salem in the game, but the Central Catholic defense made scoring difficult. Salem failed to convert on its two power play opportunities. Central Catholic converted on its own power play of the night.
The Blue Devils head on the road in the first games after the brief winter break. They take on Trinity Jan. 6 and St. Thomas on Jan. 9, before returning home against Exeter.
Salem currently sits second in the Division I standings with a 2-1-1 record. Since a season-opening loss to Bishop Guertin, Salem beat Londonderry, 7-2, tied Concord and beat Hanover, 3-2.
Salem Ľ Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 2
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 0
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Mind your (flea-market) manners