Salem falls to Central Catholic
The Blue Devils hockey team played three games in the Christmas tournament at Salem Icenter, splitting them with a win, a loss and a tie.
Coventry played Salem to a 3-3 tie in the Blue Devilsí first game of the tournament on Thursday, Dec. 27. They took the second game, 3-2, over Greely, Maine, on Friday, and fell to Central Catholic on Saturday night, 4-1.
Forward Jake Pappalardo scored the lone goal for the Blue Devils in the Central Catholic loss.
The Salem attack forced Central Catholicís goalie into making just 13 saves.
Goalie Nick Phair turned away 24 shots, while playing all 45 minutes to keep Salem in the game, but the Central Catholic defense made scoring difficult. Salem failed to convert on its two power play opportunities. Central Catholic converted on its own power play of the night.
The Blue Devils head on the road in the first games after the brief winter break. They take on Trinity Jan. 6 and St. Thomas on Jan. 9, before returning home against Exeter.
Salem currently sits second in the Division I standings with a 2-1-1 record. Since a season-opening loss to Bishop Guertin, Salem beat Londonderry, 7-2, tied Concord and beat Hanover, 3-2.
Salem Ľ Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands