Moonlight dog-sled rides offered at Waterville Valley
With the recent snowfall, Valley Snow Dogz will offer twilight dog-sled rides in Waterville Valley. Excursions are planned for Friday and Saturday evenings into early March 2013.
The Valley Taster Run will run in open area on a trail specially set on the golf course, just a block from the town square.
The entire experience from meeting guides and dogs, loading the sleds and heading out onto the golf course will take 20 minutes start-to-finish and cost $35.
New this season, the Mountain Taster excursion will start from the base of Tripoli Road and head out to Osceola Campground for a longer experience of moonlight vistas and fun downhill run back to the staging area. This experience will last approximately 30-40 minutes and costs $65 per rider.
Each sled holds one person, and on the Valley Taster run, a child or small adult may be added as a second rider for a cost of $20. To keep the sled dogs in healthy condition, there is a maximum weight limit. Participants must be at least 7 years old and at least 11 years old to ride alone. Up to four sleds can be made available to go out on each run. Reservations are necessary, and available through the Town Square Condos front desk office. Gift certificates are available.
For more information and reservations, call 236-8175 or visit www.waterville.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Fire Dept. to hold live burn exercise Saturday - 0
- Guns, trash and vandalism spoil Bow wooded area - 0
- Windham charter school group gaining an ally - 0
- Londonderry teen turns to Facebook in the spirit of giving - 0
- Woodland Storybook Walk invites attendees to stroll enchanted forest - 0
- Gundalow donated to Dover park - 0
- Claremont to celebrate manufacturing and jazz roots Sunday at 250th - 0
- Former Windham skate park may become gathering place for seniors - 0
- Manchester event will honor those who have battled pancreatic cancer - 0
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks