Year's first baby arrives in Laconia
New Hampshire's first baby of 2013 arrived, as most babies do, on his own schedule at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday.
Connor Roger Garland, son of Elisia Civiello and Zachary Garland, was born at Lakes Region General Hospital eight days after his due date, and arrived only after his first-time mother endured 16 hours of labor.
"I was just happy to get him out," the Franklin woman said. "I was admitted at around 9:30 a.m."
Connor was born healthy and weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces, Civiello said.
The first baby born in Manchester arrived 11 minutes after Connor at Elliot Hospital.
Sophia Shea Markiewicz was surgically delivered at 12:25 a.m.
She is the daughter of Todd and Heather Markiewicz and was born after a labor period her father said lasted a couple of days.
Other babies to arrive soon after the start of the new year included births at 12:36 a.m. at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua and one at Concord Hospital at 4:06 a.m.
- - - - - - - -
Bill Smith may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Our Gourmet: A touch of mystery, flavors of the Orient at Soho in Hudson - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs