Year's first baby arrives in Laconia
New Hampshire's first baby of 2013 arrived, as most babies do, on his own schedule at 12:04 a.m. Tuesday.
Connor Roger Garland, son of Elisia Civiello and Zachary Garland, was born at Lakes Region General Hospital eight days after his due date, and arrived only after his first-time mother endured 16 hours of labor.
"I was just happy to get him out," the Franklin woman said. "I was admitted at around 9:30 a.m."
Connor was born healthy and weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces, Civiello said.
The first baby born in Manchester arrived 11 minutes after Connor at Elliot Hospital.
Sophia Shea Markiewicz was surgically delivered at 12:25 a.m.
She is the daughter of Todd and Heather Markiewicz and was born after a labor period her father said lasted a couple of days.
Other babies to arrive soon after the start of the new year included births at 12:36 a.m. at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in Nashua and one at Concord Hospital at 4:06 a.m.
- - - - - - - -
Bill Smith may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
North Country open for business
Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides