June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Deputy recovering from self-inflicted gunshot wound
Injured Carroll County deputy identfied
FREEDOM — A Carroll County sheriff’s deputy shot himself in the leg Monday night while at the scene of a shooting on Huckins Road, state police said.
The deputy "suffered an injury to his lower leg and foot when his weapon unintentionally discharged at the scene," police said in a release. The deputy was taken to Huggins Hospital in Wolfeboro and is expected to make a full recovery, the release said.
The deputy, along with officers from state police and the Madison and Ossipee police departments, were investigating a shooting in which a man suffered a gunshot wound to his leg about 8:10 p.m. Monday. That man was taken to Memorial Hospital in North Conway, where he was treated for his injury and released, police said.
Joseph Wright, 38, of Parsonsfield, Maine, was charged with falsifying physical evidence, hindering apprehension and resisting arrest. Police said Wright “had been present during the alleged shooting.”
State police and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department refused Tuesday to provide the deputy’s name or any other information, including the name of the other man who was shot, beyond what was detailed in a press release.
Police are searching for a white man and white woman they said were at the scene of the shooting. Anyone with information is asked to call state police at 223-8838.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today - 0
- Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Goffstown officials want new Exit 7 on I-293
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424