May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Portsmouth woman charged in connection to missing UNH student
Judge says no to releasing Marriott court documents
Lizzi's father: 'Hug your parents'
Disturbing details emerge on alleged killer
A tragic ending to the search for UNH student Lizzi Marriott
DOVER - A second person has been arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of University of New Hampshire sophomore Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19.
On Monday, New Hampshire Attorney General Michael A. Delaney announced the arrest of Kathryn McDonough, 19, of Portsmouth, on felony charges of hindering apprehension or prosecution and conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension or prosecution.
Police arrested Seth Mazzaglia, 29, of Dover in October and charged him with second-degree murder for allegedly strangling and/or suffocating Marriott in his Mill Street apartment.
Sources have confirmed to the New Hampshire Union Leader that McDonough was Mazzaglia's live-in girlfriend at the time of the alleged murder.
"Credible information" led police to the waters around Peirce Island in Portsmouth to search for Marriott's body in the days, weeks and months since her alleged murder, but her body has not been found.
Friends told the Union Leader previously that Marriott was on her way to visit a friend in Dover on Oct. 9, the night police believe Mazzaglia killed her. Marriott had met the friend, believed to be McDonough, while working at the Target store in Greenland.
Both Mazzaglia and McDonough were active in local theater organizations, including the Garrison Players in Dover, according to information on the organization's website.
McDonough is scheduled to be arraigned on the felony charges in Derry District Court on Dec. 26.
Documents related to Mazzaglia's arrest have been kept under seal pending an indictment against him. He is currently being held without bail.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424