May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Report says gunman's mother vacationed in Bretton Woods day before rampage
Moment of silence Friday morning for Connecticut victims
Epping considers adding resource officer at schools
BRETTON WOODS - The mother of the Connecticut school gunman was reportedly vacationing in New Hampshire in the days before last week's deadly school rampage, leaving her son at home alone, CNN reported Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza, a former longtime Kingston resident, was on vacation by herself at the Omni Mount Washington Resort and Hotel in Bretton Woods from Dec. 11 to Dec. 13, according to CNN
Her 20-year-old son, Adam, was reportedly left home alone while she was away, according to the report.
Lanza checked out on Dec. 13 and returned to Connecticut that night, according to the CNN report. She was shot and killed the next morning by Adam before he showed up at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and gunned down 20 children and six adults before killing himself, authorities said.
A representative from the hotel referred all questions to a hotel spokesman who could not be reached for comment Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza often visited New Hampshire, which is where she was raised and lived until 1998 when she and her family, including Adam, sold their home in Kingston and moved to Newtown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424