Woman wanted in grocery store robbery arrested in Manchester
Allenstown Police on the lookout for armed robbery suspect
ALLENSTOWN - A woman wanted in a shoplifting case that went bad was found hiding in the basement of a Manchester residence by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Chrystal Bilodeau, 32, was wanted for a strong-arm robbery in connection with the theft of $126 in merchandise on Dec 9 at the BI-Wise Market in Allenstown. She allegedly fled the store with the merchandise and then hit a store clerk with a "blunt object" she grabbed from the back of her car when the employee caught up to her in the parking lot.
The clerk suffered a minor injury on her arm in the incident.
Police were searching for Bilodeau after investigators developed information that she was staying with a friend in the 300-block of Kelly Street in Manchester.
Her car was located in the West Side neighborhood. A press release from the U.S. Marshals Service indicated the license plates on the car were switched.
Tuesday morning, members of the task force knocked on the door to the Kelly Street residence, but those inside took their time answering the door, allowing Bilodeau to run down to the basement and hide behind a water heater, according to the federal agency.
Task force members quickly found Bilodeau and arrested her.
They also arrested another resident, convicted felon Carlos Claudio, 35, who police said was in possession of both controlled drugs and firearms.
Bilodeau was taken to the Allenstown Police Department where she was being held pending arraignment in 6th Circuit Court, Hooksett District Division. Claudio was transported to the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood where he was processed on the felony charges, pending his first court appearance.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News