Christmas shoppers arrested in Salem over parking space
SALEM - Nothing says the holiday season more than shoppers loaded down with bags full of gifts inside crowded malls while outside angry motorists battle it out over scarce parking spaces.
That was the case Sunday afternoon when six people found themselves in handcuffs after a fight broke out over a parking spot at the Mall at Rockingham Park.
Six people from Lawrence, Mass., including a 16-year-old, were taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct. They included the male teen, who will have his case heard in juvenile court, and Freedery Ledesma-Sosa, 21, Victor Pena, 18, Robert Hughes Jr., 18, Robert Hughes, 38, and Talecha Barthelmy, 24.
The five adults were each given a summons to appear Jan. 28 in 10th Circuit Court-Salem District Division.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A growing community of gardeners along Nashua rail trail - 0
- Salem seniors make a mind-body connection - 0
- Raymond man's hope for working van realized - 0
- Plymouth man relates growing up in the home — the Sullivan County Home - 0
- NH moose lottery to be held Friday - 0
- Granite Staters lend a hand to Oklahoma tornado victims - 0
- Hooksett Garden Club takes on bigger challenges - 0
- Grand opening for historic Peterborough community pool - 0
- Despite rain, riders turn out in strong numbers for Bike Week - 0
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
NH moose lottery to be held Friday
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Traffic stops in spotlight
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader