Pelham-Windham under first-year coach
The Pelham-Windham boys hockey team will take the ice this winter under first-year head coach Daniel Molinari.
Molinari said his team has a good balance, from seniors to underclassmen.
So far, he said he is pleased with the effort the team has put forth in getting ready for the season.
“The kids have put in a great effort so far,” said Molinari. “They have a great work ethic and all the players have a positive attitude, so everyone is looking forward to it.”
Mike Donovan is set to start in net for the squad. He’ll be protected by senior defenders Steve Barton, Steve Becks, Artem Aristov and Nick Neary.
At forward, seniors Colin Begin and Zach Malone look to lead the attack. Juniors Porter Carelli and Dustin Lubinger, along with sophomores Matt Cerretani, John Monahan and Pat Higgins will also see ice time at forward.
Freshman Bryce Blanchard, Domenic Bruzzese and Chad Desautels head the first-year class.
“We’ve got a lot of young guys that were pretty impressive in tryouts that we’re expecting to make an impact,” Molinari said.
Aside from adjusting to a new coach, the players have to work through another change while preparing for the upcoming season – they made the move to Division II from Division III.
The team’s first game is Dec. 12 against Keene. Pelham-Windham heads to Bedford three days later for its first road game in Division II.
“We’re looking to be competitive,” Molinari said. “We have a challenging schedule. I think the players are looking forward to that challenge.”
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Pease chosen to receive refueling tanker