Dog dies after getting caught in animal trap
AUBURN - A golden retriever died Thursday when it became ensnared in a metal hunting trap that authorities believe may have been set illegally.
Police Lt. Ray Pelton said Melissa Fogelson was walking her dog on a trail on the Manchester Waterworks property when her dog got stuck in the trap and suffocated.
"It's pretty bad," he said.
Pelton said police called in New Hampshire Fish and Game officers because the trap, which was on the ground, may have been illegal and was set so close to a walking trail.
"It wasn't like she was in the middle of the woods," he said. "They were on the trail. That could have been a kid or anybody" ensnared in the trap.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race