Dog dies after getting caught in animal trap
AUBURN - A golden retriever died Thursday when it became ensnared in a metal hunting trap that authorities believe may have been set illegally.
Police Lt. Ray Pelton said Melissa Fogelson was walking her dog on a trail on the Manchester Waterworks property when her dog got stuck in the trap and suffocated.
"It's pretty bad," he said.
Pelton said police called in New Hampshire Fish and Game officers because the trap, which was on the ground, may have been illegal and was set so close to a walking trail.
"It wasn't like she was in the middle of the woods," he said. "They were on the trail. That could have been a kid or anybody" ensnared in the trap.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions