Man accused of trying to take officer's gun, resisting arrest
SALEM - Police responding to a fight outside a home on Stonegate Lane arrested 20-year-old Dalton Cyr, 20, of Salem, charging him with trying to take a firearm away from an officer.
Cyr was charged with attempting to take a firearm from a law enforcement officer, criminal mischief, simple assault, resisting arrest and unlawful possession of alcohol.
He was being held on $50,000 bail.
Police were initially called Friday around 3:30 a.m. for a report of two men fighting in the street. The caller told police that one man was lying in the roadway and the other had fled on foot toward Haverhill Road.
The two men were found and taken into custody.
As officers turned their attention to 11 Stonegate Lane, four people took off on foot into the woods. Police said several other occupants were intoxicated and under 21 years old. Two people inside the residence became combative but were eventually subdued and taken into custody, police said.
One of them, Eric Greenwood, 21, of Methuen, Mass., shattered the rear window of a cruiser with his head, police said. Greenwood was also charged with resisting arrest, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, prohibited sales and simple assault.
Cyr attempted to grab Officer Joseph Freda's firearm during a struggle, police said.
Freda was able to stop Cyr but sustained a hand injury. Freda was treated and released at Parkland Medical Center.
Police also charged Edward Colon, 22, of Methuen, Mass., with possession of controlled drugs and simple assault.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 10
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
Mind your (flea-market) manners
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack