Man accused of trying to take officer's gun, resisting arrest
SALEM - Police responding to a fight outside a home on Stonegate Lane arrested 20-year-old Dalton Cyr, 20, of Salem, charging him with trying to take a firearm away from an officer.
Cyr was charged with attempting to take a firearm from a law enforcement officer, criminal mischief, simple assault, resisting arrest and unlawful possession of alcohol.
He was being held on $50,000 bail.
Police were initially called Friday around 3:30 a.m. for a report of two men fighting in the street. The caller told police that one man was lying in the roadway and the other had fled on foot toward Haverhill Road.
The two men were found and taken into custody.
As officers turned their attention to 11 Stonegate Lane, four people took off on foot into the woods. Police said several other occupants were intoxicated and under 21 years old. Two people inside the residence became combative but were eventually subdued and taken into custody, police said.
One of them, Eric Greenwood, 21, of Methuen, Mass., shattered the rear window of a cruiser with his head, police said. Greenwood was also charged with resisting arrest, criminal mischief, disorderly conduct, prohibited sales and simple assault.
Cyr attempted to grab Officer Joseph Freda's firearm during a struggle, police said.
Freda was able to stop Cyr but sustained a hand injury. Freda was treated and released at Parkland Medical Center.
Police also charged Edward Colon, 22, of Methuen, Mass., with possession of controlled drugs and simple assault.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News