Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Bedford residents urged to use caution as police seek six-foot male for violent home invasion
BEDFORD - Contradicting reports throughout the week that the public did not have to be alarmed, local, state and federal authorities announced today that they are seeking a six-foot tall man in connection with the Saturday night home invasion and assault of a local anesthesiologist and his wife and said the assailant could strike again.
Bedford Police Chief John Bryfonski gave few details on the case, which is being investigated by several local police departments in addition to the FBI and the Drug Enforcement Administration.
"All we're prepared to discuss at this point is that Saturday night the doctor and his wife were at home, were confronted and assaulted by an individual who's described as a tall male, six feet or taller, wearing a black ski mask."
Eduardo Quesada remains hospitalized with serious injuries, according to Bryfonski. His wife, Sonia, who also suffered serious injuries in the attack, has been released from the hospital, the chief said.
Police were called to the home where the two reside, at 7 Proclamation Court, at 10 p.m. on Saturday. Sonia Quesada ran to a neighbor's home after the attack and the neighbor dialed 911, according to the chief.
A 2-year-old child in the home was unharmed and was placed in the custody of a relative. Birth records in the 2010 Bedford Town Report indicate the couple had a daughter, Sofia, in 2010.
At a press conference at 11:30 today, the chief called for vigilance on the part of Bedford residents, urging them to keep lights on and to call police in the case of any suspicious activity.
He refused to say whether the couple was targeted or it was a random attack, and he would not say whether anything was taken from their home.
In November 2011, police had made an arrest at that address on a domestic-related assault charge, but charges were dropped and the record has been annulled, the chief has said.
The home is listed online with The Bean Group as being for sale with an asking price of $1.4 million. Its current status at the Bean Group website is "active with contract." The home is one of a handful of luxury houses on the cul-de-sac. Built in 2007, it has 5,913 square feet.
-- Union Leader Staff Writer Kathy Marchocki and Union Leader Correspondent Simon Rios
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police say one charged with riot on Saturday, another arrested could face riot charge - 0
- Manchester man indicted on charge he ordered murder of city man - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt. teacher - 0
- No murder charge in stabbing of Manchester man in 'Black Acres;' self-defense claimed - 0
- Ottawa police say male suspect in attack and soldier are dead - 1
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
- Lancaster man facing more charges in death of neighbor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three indicted in beating, robbery of pizza delivery man in Somersworth - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 2
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 3
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483