Sunday holiday parade in Merrimack to finish with tree lighting
MERRIMACK - The town's annual holiday parade and tree lighting ceremony will begin at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Hosted by the Merrimack Chamber of Commerce and the Parks and Recreation Department, the parade will kick off at The Commons shopping plaza and travel south along the Daniel Webster Highway before ending at Abbie Griffin Park. Residents are encouraged to gather at the park afterward for the tree lighting ceremony, festive caroling and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus.
The theme for this year's parade is "Holiday Season - A Time for Paws and Reflection." A canned food drive will coincide with the event at the town hall parking lot. The rain date is Dec. 9.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Harrigan: Growing up in the wilds of the North Country - 0
- The Nashua Senior Softball League is the 'senior' circuit - 0
- Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester - 0
- Things to know for the holiday, from region to region - 0
- State puts out call for foster parents - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house - 0
- Dave Anderson's Forest Journal: Evidence abounds that spring is bruins season - 0
- Sweet Neem offers a social gathering for foodies - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Flounder fishing is best in Boston - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
State puts out call for foster parents
Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house