Goffstown returns all-state wrestlers
A year removed from a season in which the Goffstown wrestling team placed second in Division II, the Grizzlies have reason to believe this winter will being more success.
They return seven key contributors from last yearĺs squad, including two state champions, Jake Nault and Peter Shea.
Nault, a sophomore, returns after his freshman campaign ended with a state crown.
Shea enters his final year for the Grizzlies looking to build on his stellar junior season.
After taking first in his weight class at the Division II state meet, Shea placed third at the Meet of Champions - a meet at the end of the year which encorporates the top wrestlers in the state from each weight class.
Shea finish there earned him a spot at the All New England tournament in Providence.
Other starters coming back for the Grizzlies include juniors Nick Flanders, Mitchell Cusson and Tyler Brace, and seniors Matt Gregoire and Damin Rakhmanov.
Underclassmen with a chance to crack the starting lineup are freshmen Connor Borque and Christian Melanson, and sophomore Ben Francoeur.
The team finished behind Hollis-Brookline and Milford at the Division II state meet last year, with eight wrestlers in the top-four at their weight class.
The Grizzliesĺ first match is Wednesday, Dec. 5 against Merrimack, and they wrap up their regular season schedule Feb. 6 against Milford.
Goffstown ╗ Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty