Three Meredith teens found by Fish & Game
SANDWICH — Three Meredith teens who became lost while hiking along the Ridgepole Trail were found and led out of the woods by state Fish and Game officers Sunday night after failing to return from their expedition.
The hikers set out to hike Mt. Morgan and then return to their vehicle by taking the Mt. Percival Trail. However, officers said, they missed an intersection and became lost in the dark near Doublehead Mountain.
Authorities were called at about 7 p.m. and conservation officers were able to locate the trio at about 9:40 p.m. with the use of GPS information obtained when the hikers called 911.
The three were identified as Matthew Aronossky, 19, John Nelson, 18, and Melissa Martin, 16, all of Meredith.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School announces Spring classes - 0
- Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators announce additional dates for U.S. Tour including Hampton - 0
- Discover WILD New Hampshire Day Set - 0
- Ryan Cabrera is coming to Manchester April 2 - 0
- New England Disabled Sports and Loon Mountain Resort to Host 2015 US Paralympic Alpine Championships - 0
- Time to Sign Up for Hunter Education - 0
- Loeb School offers Social Media for Business Workshop March 20 - 0
- Telling Your Family Story returns to Loeb School - 0
- Skiing for a good cause is easy in the Granite State - 0
Harrigan closes up camp
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
Gilford father files civil rights suit against police over arrest at school board meeting
Senators call for reward in ISIS killings
George F. Will: Reversing course in Illinois