Annual Tons of Turkey drive for Manchester food pantry kicks off
MANCHESTER - The annual Tons of Turkey food drive for the New Horizons Food Pantry is under way.
Cash donations are being accepted through Saturday, which is when donors can also drop off a turkey to help families in need on Thanksgiving.
Donations are being accepted at six participating Hannaford supermarkets in the Manchester area. This year's drive is sponsored by the New Hampshire Union Leader, 96.5 The Mill radio, Wilkins Mechanical, Gary Rondeau's Automotive and Energy North Propane.
The annual drive has provided New Horizons with enough food and money to feed over 1,200 families at Thanksgiving.
Jay Coffey and Jeff Lawrence of The Mill will broadcast live Saturday at all six Hannaford locations between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The stores participating in Manchester are on John E. Devine Drive, Hanover Street, Bicentennial Drive and Mast Road
The Hannaford locations in Bedford are on Colby Court and Jenkins Road.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 0
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
- Commerical fishing season set for tasty start - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides