Annual Tons of Turkey drive for Manchester food pantry kicks off
Cash donations are being accepted through Saturday, which is when donors can also drop off a turkey to help families in need on Thanksgiving.
Donations are being accepted at six participating Hannaford supermarkets in the Manchester area. This year's drive is sponsored by the New Hampshire Union Leader, 96.5 The Mill radio, Wilkins Mechanical, Gary Rondeau's Automotive and Energy North Propane.
The annual drive has provided New Horizons with enough food and money to feed over 1,200 families at Thanksgiving.
Jay Coffey and Jeff Lawrence of The Mill will broadcast live Saturday at all six Hannaford locations between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The stores participating in Manchester are on John E. Devine Drive, Hanover Street, Bicentennial Drive and Mast Road
The Hannaford locations in Bedford are on Colby Court and Jenkins Road.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.