Annual Tons of Turkey drive for Manchester food pantry kicks off
MANCHESTER - The annual Tons of Turkey food drive for the New Horizons Food Pantry is under way.
Cash donations are being accepted through Saturday, which is when donors can also drop off a turkey to help families in need on Thanksgiving.
Donations are being accepted at six participating Hannaford supermarkets in the Manchester area. This year's drive is sponsored by the New Hampshire Union Leader, 96.5 The Mill radio, Wilkins Mechanical, Gary Rondeau's Automotive and Energy North Propane.
The annual drive has provided New Horizons with enough food and money to feed over 1,200 families at Thanksgiving.
Jay Coffey and Jeff Lawrence of The Mill will broadcast live Saturday at all six Hannaford locations between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The stores participating in Manchester are on John E. Devine Drive, Hanover Street, Bicentennial Drive and Mast Road
The Hannaford locations in Bedford are on Colby Court and Jenkins Road.
Life & Culture
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
- Parents can plan ahead, model healthful habits... and not stress out - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs