The Rt. Rev. Gene Robinson, the former New Hampshire bishop whose appointment in 2003 ignited controversy throughout the global church because he is openly gay and not celibate, said via a representative that he has met Welby only once at a conference and it is too early to tell how Welby will act on sexuality-related issues. But Robinson added that Welby's appointment is a sign of the church thinking outside the box and said he found Welby to be a man of the "21st century."CLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment