U.S. Marshals arrest fugitive in Derry
CONCORD -- A man featured as a "Fugitive of the Week" by the U.S. Marshals Office was arrested Friday morning in Derry.
Reinaldo "Chooki" Ruiz Jr., 25, was arrested at a High Street residence by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force out of Massachusetts. According to a news release, task force members were following up on leads in the Lowell, Mass. area when they received information that Ruiz was in Derry.
He was indicted in August by a Rockingham County Superior Court jury on charges of possession of a controlled drug (marijuana and cocaine) with intent to distribute.
The Rockingham County Sheriff's Office requested assistance of the U.S Marshals - New Hampshire Joint Fugitive Task Force in locating and arresting Ruiz, a known gang member considered armed and dangerous.
Ruiz last had been in the Hampton and Seabrook areas, but also was known to have ties to Lowell.
He was the Sept. 1 "Fugitive of the Week."
Seacoast » Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roomful Of Blues Celebrates 45 Years with New CD, 45 Live - 0
- A growing community of gardeners along Nashua rail trail - 0
- Salem seniors make a mind-body connection - 0
- Raymond man's hope for working van realized - 0
- Plymouth man relates growing up in the home — the Sullivan County Home - 0
- NH moose lottery to be held Friday - 0
- Granite Staters lend a hand to Oklahoma tornado victims - 0
- Hooksett Garden Club takes on bigger challenges - 0
- Grand opening for historic Peterborough community pool - 0
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
NH moose lottery to be held Friday
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader