Peterborough's annual remembrance service for Veterans Day is Sunday
PETERBOROUGH - A Veterans Day remembrance service is planned for 9 a.m. Sunday at All Saints' Episcopal Church on Concord Street in Peterborough. All veterans, their families and friends are welcome.
The Reverends Adrian Robbins-Cole and Sarah Robbins Cole are to officiate and the U.S. Naval Sea Cadets Monadnock Squadron plan to attend the service. Coffee, cider and donuts are being served on the lawn by the Post Auxiliary assisted by the Girl Scouts after the service.
If the weather is inclement, refreshments are to be inside the Old Parish House. Attendees are asked to dress warmly.
This is the third annual Veterans Day Service at the church because of its connection to American Legion Post 5 Cheney-Armstrong Post whose namesakes William Cheney, who died in World War I, who is laid in the crypt at All Saints, and John Armstrong, who died in World War II, were members of All Saints'.
The American Legion also plans to hold its annual Veterans Day parade starting at Veterans' Way downtown at 10:40 a.m. The parade ends at the Memorial Gates on Grove Street at which a ceremony is planned. Retired Admiral Dale Gabel of Dublin will speak.
At 11:11 a.m. the America Legion Honor Guard plan to fire, South Meadow School Band Leader Ed Lowy plans to play taps as the Girl Scouts raise the American flag. The American Legion Auxiliary plans to sell baked goods and flags afterward.
- - - - - - - -
Meghan Pierce may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
- Parents can plan ahead, model healthful habits... and not stress out - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs