Peterborough's annual remembrance service for Veterans Day is Sunday
PETERBOROUGH - A Veterans Day remembrance service is planned for 9 a.m. Sunday at All Saints' Episcopal Church on Concord Street in Peterborough. All veterans, their families and friends are welcome.
The Reverends Adrian Robbins-Cole and Sarah Robbins Cole are to officiate and the U.S. Naval Sea Cadets Monadnock Squadron plan to attend the service. Coffee, cider and donuts are being served on the lawn by the Post Auxiliary assisted by the Girl Scouts after the service.
If the weather is inclement, refreshments are to be inside the Old Parish House. Attendees are asked to dress warmly.
This is the third annual Veterans Day Service at the church because of its connection to American Legion Post 5 Cheney-Armstrong Post whose namesakes William Cheney, who died in World War I, who is laid in the crypt at All Saints, and John Armstrong, who died in World War II, were members of All Saints'.
The American Legion also plans to hold its annual Veterans Day parade starting at Veterans' Way downtown at 10:40 a.m. The parade ends at the Memorial Gates on Grove Street at which a ceremony is planned. Retired Admiral Dale Gabel of Dublin will speak.
At 11:11 a.m. the America Legion Honor Guard plan to fire, South Meadow School Band Leader Ed Lowy plans to play taps as the Girl Scouts raise the American flag. The American Legion Auxiliary plans to sell baked goods and flags afterward.
- - - - - - - -
Meghan Pierce may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News