Peterborough's annual remembrance service for Veterans Day is Sunday
The Reverends Adrian Robbins-Cole and Sarah Robbins Cole are to officiate and the U.S. Naval Sea Cadets Monadnock Squadron plan to attend the service. Coffee, cider and donuts are being served on the lawn by the Post Auxiliary assisted by the Girl Scouts after the service.
If the weather is inclement, refreshments are to be inside the Old Parish House. Attendees are asked to dress warmly.
This is the third annual Veterans Day Service at the church because of its connection to American Legion Post 5 Cheney-Armstrong Post whose namesakes William Cheney, who died in World War I, who is laid in the crypt at All Saints, and John Armstrong, who died in World War II, were members of All Saints'.
The American Legion also plans to hold its annual Veterans Day parade starting at Veterans' Way downtown at 10:40 a.m. The parade ends at the Memorial Gates on Grove Street at which a ceremony is planned. Retired Admiral Dale Gabel of Dublin will speak.
At 11:11 a.m. the America Legion Honor Guard plan to fire, South Meadow School Band Leader Ed Lowy plans to play taps as the Girl Scouts raise the American flag. The American Legion Auxiliary plans to sell baked goods and flags afterward.
- - - - - - - -
Meghan Pierce may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.