Scouts to hold annual food drive Saturday
MANCHESTER - Scouts throughout New Hampshire are participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive Saturday.
Last week, Scouts distributed door hangers around their communities to encourage residents to leave out nonperishable food and household items for pickup this Saturday. Scouts will return to pick up the items starting at 8:30 a.m.
The food will be distributed to more than 20 collection sites, where it will be sorted and distributed to more than 150 local food pantries and agencies.
If you received a door hanger, please leave your donations in a visible location outside your front door or by the base of your mailbox (please do not hang on or put in your mailbox) by 8:30 a.m. Please avoid donating glass items.
If you do not receive a door hanger or your items are not picked up, please consider bringing donations to the collection site closest to you.
For more information about Scouting for Food and a list of collection sites, go to nhscouting.org/scoutingforfood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
North Country open for business
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions