Scouts to hold annual food drive Saturday
MANCHESTER - Scouts throughout New Hampshire are participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive Saturday.
Last week, Scouts distributed door hangers around their communities to encourage residents to leave out nonperishable food and household items for pickup this Saturday. Scouts will return to pick up the items starting at 8:30 a.m.
The food will be distributed to more than 20 collection sites, where it will be sorted and distributed to more than 150 local food pantries and agencies.
If you received a door hanger, please leave your donations in a visible location outside your front door or by the base of your mailbox (please do not hang on or put in your mailbox) by 8:30 a.m. Please avoid donating glass items.
If you do not receive a door hanger or your items are not picked up, please consider bringing donations to the collection site closest to you.
For more information about Scouting for Food and a list of collection sites, go to nhscouting.org/scoutingforfood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos