Scouts to hold annual food drive Saturday
MANCHESTER - Scouts throughout New Hampshire are participating in the annual Scouting for Food drive Saturday.
Last week, Scouts distributed door hangers around their communities to encourage residents to leave out nonperishable food and household items for pickup this Saturday. Scouts will return to pick up the items starting at 8:30 a.m.
The food will be distributed to more than 20 collection sites, where it will be sorted and distributed to more than 150 local food pantries and agencies.
If you received a door hanger, please leave your donations in a visible location outside your front door or by the base of your mailbox (please do not hang on or put in your mailbox) by 8:30 a.m. Please avoid donating glass items.
If you do not receive a door hanger or your items are not picked up, please consider bringing donations to the collection site closest to you.
For more information about Scouting for Food and a list of collection sites, go to nhscouting.org/scoutingforfood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 11
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
Mind your (flea-market) manners
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack