Nashua businesses backing veterans
NASHUA - Wilfred's, the oldest barbershop in the city, will host a day of free haircuts for all veterans on Saturday.
There will be three barbers on duty from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. to service the country's heroes. This will be the barbershop's second year hosting "Salute to our Veterans" event.
Owner and master barber Dave Pothier is a former Marine who served three combat tours. He said the veterans should be well groomed for any events or parades. For more information, visit wilfredsbarbershop.com.
Other participants showing their support for veterans are The Pinup Angels and Charlie's Pizzeria Bar & Grill.
The Pinup Angels' care package recipients are typically deployed servicemen and women in all branches.áCharlie's Pizzeria Bar & Grill will be providing free pizza and sodas to the veterans. Go to www.facebook.com/CharliesPBG.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News