130 of Albany's 483 voters had cast ballots by 11 a.m.
ALBANY - By 11 a.m. the Albany ballot clerks had checked off 130 names on the checklist of 483.
"It's going to be a good day," ballot clerk Karen Menard said, noting, "It was quite a turnout at 8 this morning."
June Johnson, a supervisor of the checklist, said, "We've had quite a few new voters compared to what we usually get." A quick count showed 12 had signed up that morning.
At times all four voting booths were occupied, and residents had to wait a minute or two. Town clerk Kathy Vizard said 41 residents voted by absentee ballot.
White Mountains » Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 0
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'