State-of-the-art tourism kiosks make debut in Berlin, Gorham
The New Hampshire Grand informational kiosks in Berlin and Gorham are up and running, ready to help visitors navigate their way around the region, and will be dedicated on Nov. 13.
The brief ceremonies will take place 9 a.m. at the Berlin Kiosk, at the Smith Hydro facilities across from Veterans Memorial Park at 83 Glen Ave., and at 10 a.m. at the Gorham kiosk, at the town common, 69 Main St. Afterward, there will be a reception at the Gorham Town Hall.
The state-of-the-art kiosks are the first of a series that will dot the roadsides of Coos County as a result of a $50,000 grant from the Neil and Louise Tillotson Foundation and a $200,000 grant from the Northern Border Regional Commission.
The Gorham kiosk was not part of the original plan, but the Androscoggin Valley Chamber of Commerce board thought the town would benefit from being included. Gorham is on the northern side of the White Mountain National Forest and just minutes from Wildcat Mountain ski area and the base of the Mount Washington Auto Road. The chamber, with help from the Northern Community Investment Corporation, is paying for the Gorham kiosk.
The kiosks have space for the traditional brochures, along with a computer monitor linked to the websites of New Hampshire Grand, state Travel and Tourism and local chambers. They provide information on area businesses and attractions, along with wifi access.
Travel & Tourism
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News