Mass. man wanted in Weare assault
WEARE - Police are searching for a Bay State man wanted for assaulting a 17-year-old girl on Old Town Road Tuesday night and then fleeing in her Jeep.
Chief Gregory Begin is warning people not to approach Jonathan Maguire, 20, of 13 Pandora Drive, Groveland, Mass., because he is considered dangerous, armed with a knife and suffering from mental health issues.
Police were sent to an Old Town Road residence at 9:20 p.m. for a reported assault. The teen was transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries.
Investigators said Maguire assaulted the teen and then left in her 2003 black Jeep Liberty with New Hampshire plate 210 3374. He was last seen wearing blue jeans and sneakers and no shirt. Police are unsure what direction he is driving, but said he may be heading to Groveland.
Warrants were obtained for his arrest on charges of second-degree assault, two counts of simple assault, obstructing the report of a crime, criminal mischief, and attempted sexual assault.
Police said the case is being reviewed and Maguire could be facing additional charges.
Investigators are following up on leads and working with the U.S. Marshal's Office, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office and other local and state agencies to find him.
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest' - 0
- Record Powerball jackpot has Granite Staters dreaming - 1
- Online fund set up for Salem house fire victims - 0
- Hooksett Police Commission walks away - 1
- Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones! - 0
- Bedford native keeps Boston close to her heart - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve lease for community garden - 0
- Work begins on dam repairs - 0
- Peterborough tradition welcomes giant puppets - 0
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Of all wild bird songs, the fox sparrow's sound is the 'sweetest'
Win tickets to see the Rolling Stones!
IRS head says Tea Party was not a target
Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise
Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports
NH vote nears on expansion of Medicaid
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'