GE plant in Hooksett to work on $327 million contract
The GE Aviation factory in Hooksett has been selected to perform part of a $327 million defense department contract, the U.S. Department of Defense announced Thursday.
The work is part of a modification to a fixed-price contract previously awarded to GE by Naval Air Systems Command, according to a Defense Department press release. The modification provides funds for the manufacture of 82 F414-GE-400 turbofan jet engines and a high-pressure turbine module, among other devices.
GE Aviation in Hooksett will perform 18 percent of the work order, with 59 percent being performed in Lynn, Mass., 12 percent in Rutland, Vt., and 11 percent in Madisonville, Ky.
The news release does not specify the components being constructed in Hooksett. According to GE Aviation website, however, the Hooksett factory generally manufactures gas compressor vanes, compressor blisks, and small-diameter tubes.
The engines, modules, and devices constructed under the contract are to be installed in Navy Boeing F/A-18 “Hornet” multirole fighter jets and E/A-18G “Growler” electronic warfare aircraft. GE is the sole designer and manufacturer of the F414-GE-400 Engine.
The production lot is scheduled to be completed in June 2014.
The Defense Department also announced Thursday that L-3 Communications Corp. of Londonderry is working with two other defense contractors on a $7.6 million project to build heavy thermal weapon sights and light thermal weapon sights for foreign military sales.
The news comes a day after the Defense Department announced three contracts totalling $106 million awarded to L-3 Communications, BAE Systems in Nashua, and J.C.N. Construction of Manchester.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Dodgeball returns to Windham schools - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Dodgeball returns to Windham schools
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time