June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Middleton man arrested after shots fired inside Somersworth home
SOMERSWORTH – Police arrested a Middleton man after he allegedly fired a handgun inside a home on Sherwood Glen Monday night.
Christopher Smart, 27, of 740 Route 153, Middleton, was charged with reckless conduct and violation of bail conditions from an unrelated incident.
Police responded to a disturbance at 316 Sherwood Glen around 10:42 p.m. and met with three people in the driveway. Shortly afterward, police said two gunshots were fired inside the home before a man — later identified as Smart — fled on foot, according to police.
Officers believe the shots were fired at a 26-year-old man who was also inside the home.
Members of New Hampshire State Police and officers from Dover, Rochester, Rollinsford and Barrington responded to the area to help locate Smart, who was apprehended along Route 108 around 12:46 a.m.
Smart was held at Strafford County Jail on $50,000 cash bail and is scheduled to be arraigned by video conference in 7th Circuit Court, Dover District Division, Tuesday at 10:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424