May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Shoplifter uses pepper spray, escapes
MANCHESTER — A shoplifter used pepper spray to make her escape Tuesday night after a loss prevention officer tried to stop her from stealing items at Rite Aid, 1 Willow St.
The loss prevention officer told police responding to a robbery report about 7:30 p.m. that a female shoplifter had discharged pepper spray at him after he confronted her.
The man said he had seen the woman conceal several items in her bag and walk towards the exit. He stopped her and confronted her about the thefts and she dropped her bag.
But when he picked it up, he said, she directed the pepper spray at him. He said he ducked, but the spray still hit his arm, neck and back and the woman then fled the store.
She is described as Hispanic with long dark curly hair, wearing a pink tank top and black yoga pants. She was seen leaving the area with two men, a white male wearing a white tank top and jeans and a Hispanic male with no clothing description.
Contact Manchester Police Department at 668-8711 with information. Anonymous tips for cash rewards can be made through the Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at www.manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424