Bedford woman killed in I-293 crash
MANCHESTER — A Bedford woman died from injuries suffered when she lost control of her minivan and was thrown from the vehicle on Interstate 293 near the Mall of New Hampshire Wednesday, state police said.
Judea Hawkins, 76, went by ambulance to Elliot Hospital where she later was pronounce dead.
A passenger in her vehicle was treated for minor injuries and released.
Hawkins was driving a 2000 Mercury Villager van on I-293 north about 12:31 p.m. when she lost control at the South Willow Street exit, state police said. She was thrown from the van after it rolled over in the center median.
All but one lane of the highway was closed for a brief period while the scene was cleared.
The Manchester Fire Department and state Department of Transportation assisted at the scene.
The collision is under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Bryan Trask at 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial Day events in New Hampshire - 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands