Bedford woman killed in I-293 crash
MANCHESTER — A Bedford woman died from injuries suffered when she lost control of her minivan and was thrown from the vehicle on Interstate 293 near the Mall of New Hampshire Wednesday, state police said.
Judea Hawkins, 76, went by ambulance to Elliot Hospital where she later was pronounce dead.
A passenger in her vehicle was treated for minor injuries and released.
Hawkins was driving a 2000 Mercury Villager van on I-293 north about 12:31 p.m. when she lost control at the South Willow Street exit, state police said. She was thrown from the van after it rolled over in the center median.
All but one lane of the highway was closed for a brief period while the scene was cleared.
The Manchester Fire Department and state Department of Transportation assisted at the scene.
The collision is under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact Trooper Bryan Trask at 223-4381.
The Bedford Bulletin
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maple Street skate park revamp plans amping up in Manchester - 0
- Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH - 3
- ‘Ellen’ helps reunite NH military family via Internet - 1
- Help Combat Invasive Plants; Loaner Tools & Statewide Web Resource - 0
- Cranmore Opens for Spring/Summer Operations on May 25 - 0
- 29th Annual Chowder Fest Kicks-Off Summer on June 1st - 0
- Bedford condo shows high style in a smaller space - 0
- Memorial Day Observances 2013 - 0
- No big Powerball winners in NH, but tidy sums taken - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs